Terms & Conditions
A. General Terms
- “you”/”your” means you, the user,
- “METRO Church”/”We”/”Us”/”Our” means METRO Church Australia Ltd; and
- “Our Services” / “METRO Church Services” / “METRO TV Services” / “the Services” means the services provided by METRO Church for you to access the METRO TV and/or METRO Church websites and applications/apps and watch and/or listen to integrated video and audio content on such digital services, including all included and associated content, features and functionalities, applications on third-party platforms and devices and platforms, website and user interfaces, and software associated with Our Services.
4. Acceptable Use of METRO Church Services.
- designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment associated with Our Services, including any software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs or
- which would constitute or encourage a criminal offence, give rise to a civil liability or violate any applicable law.
- You must not post, transmit or in any way exploit any material of any kind from Our Services for commercial purposes.
- You must not copy, download, reproduce, republish, broadcast, transmit in any manner whatsoever, any material or content supplied as part of Our Services except as is strictly necessary for your own personal non-commercial home use.
5. Third Party Websites.
- You acknowledge and agree that METRO Church are not responsible for the availability of any third party websites or material you access through Our Services (which for the avoidance of doubt includes advertising), and METRO Church do not endorse and are not responsible or liability for any content, advertising, products or services on or available from such websites or material, nor for any damage, loss or offence caused, or alleged to be causes, by or in connection with use of or reliance on any content, advertising, products or services available on or available from such websites or material. These links to third party websites are provided to you as a convenience only. You link to any such website entirely at your own risk. We encourage you to read the terms and conditions and privacy policies of any third party websites when you access them.
- Any dealings between you and any advertisers or merchants found on or via Our Services, including payment for and delivery of products, services and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations, associated with such dealings, are solely between you and the relevant advertiser or merchant. You agree not to hold METRO Church liable for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as the result of any such dealings.
6. METRO Church’s Rights
- To the extent permitted by law, we make no warranties, express or implied, as to the content of Our Services or the accuracy, timing or reliability of any information or statements contained therein, or statements, advice and opinions given by users on the bulletin boards and chat forums (or similar) which are those of such users only. We neither endorse nor shall be held responsible for the reliability or accuracy of the same and we are not responsible in any way for any injury, loss or damage which occurs as a result of an opinion expressed or information provided on Our Services. If you have any claim arising from the actions or statements of another user, you agree to pursue such a claim only against that user and not from METRO Church.
- We will endeavour to provide Our Services using all reasonable care. To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all implied warranties as to quality, accuracy or fitness and we do not warrant that the material contained in Our Services, any of the functions contained therein and the service will operate without interruption or delay or will be error-free, free of viruses or bugs are is compatible with any other software or material.
- We shall not be liable in contract, tort, negligence or otherwise for any loss or damage whatsoever in any way connected with your use of Our Services, whether direct or indirect, including, damage to software or hardware, damage for loss of business, loss of profits, or any other consequential loss.
- METRO Church assumes no responsibility for monitoring Our Services for inappropriate contributions to Our Services by users. We do not exert control over users of Our Services. We are not liable either for Users opinions or their behaviour nor do we give any endorsement of such. We reserve the right (although we have no obligation to do so) to monitor contributions and may respond to or comment upon communications by you and edit, refuse to post or remove the content from Our Services in our absolute discretion. If at any time METRO Church elects, in its sole discretion, to monitor contributions on Our Services, METRO Church nonetheless assumes no responsibility for any contributions, no obligation to modify or remove any inappropriate contributions and no responsibility for the conduct of any person who submitted the contribution (including without limitation by users and/or any information, comments and/or advice of any individual referred to as a guest or expert whose statements on Our Service(s) are solely their own). No failure to remove particular material constitutes an endorsement or acceptance of it by us. METRO Church may reject, refuse to post or delete any contributions for any or no reason.
- We reserve the right to co-operate fully with law enforcement agencies in any jurisdiction in respect of any lawful direct or request to disclose the identity or other information in respect of anyone using Our Services in any way which violates any applicable or relevant laws.
7. Intellectual Property
- All copyright, trademarks and all other intellectual property rights in all material or content supplied as part of Our Services shall remain at all times vested in METRO Church or our licensors. Without limiting the preceding sentence, we note that METRO Church is a registered trademark of METRO Church Australia Ltd and/or its related companies.
- You are permitted to use material and content supplied as part of Our Services only as expressly authorised in writing by METRO Church or its licensors.
9. Communication Preferences. If you create an account for Our Services, you agree to receive communications from METRO Church relating to your account in electronic form. These communications may involve sending emails to your email address that you provide to us during registration, and will include notices about your account (e.g. changes in password, programming updates, confirmation e-mails, payment authorisations, changes in payment methods, and other transactional information) and are part of your relationship with METRO Church. You agree that any notices, agreements, disclosures or other communications that we send to you electronically will satisfy any legal communication requirements, including that such communications be in writing. You should maintain copies of electronic communications by printing a paper copy or saving an electronic copy. It is your responsibility to update your address details with us if they change.
- Should you wish to make any comments to us about Our Services or if you have any questions relating to Our Services please contact us using the Contact Us page. If you wish to make a complaint, please ensure that you provide the following information: a. include ‘Content Complaint’ in your subject line b. give full details of the nature of your complaint and the content to which it relates; c. indicate when (date and time) and how (channel, website, app, via a link etc) you viewed the content; and d. include sufficient contact information to allow us to contact you regarding your complaint.
- You agree that METRO Church is free to use any comments, complaints, information, ideas, concepts, reviews, or techniques or any other material contained in any communication you may send to us (“Feedback”) worldwide and in perpetuity for any purpose whatsoever including, but not limited to, creating, developing, manufacturing, modifying, improving and marketing products and services, without further compensation, acknowledgement or payment to you unless we expressly agree otherwise by way of signed contract. In addition, you agree not to enforce any “moral rights” in and to the Feedback, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
14. Online Safety. The internet can be fun and educational, but it also contains material that is not suitable for children. Parents can help keep their children safe online in a number of ways: a. keep the computer in a public area of your home; b. educate children about the dangers of providing personal information to anyone online, especially in chat rooms.
B. ADDITIONAL Terms
15. Membership, Billing and Cancellation
- Membership. Your METRO TV subscription will continue month-to-month or annually unless and until you cancel your membership or we terminate it. You must give us 7 days notice of termination for it to be valid. You must have Internet access and provide us with a current, valid, accepted method of payment (as such may be updated from time to time, “Payment Method”) to use the METRO TV Service. We will bill the monthly membership fee to your Payment Method. You must cancel your membership before it renews each month in order to avoid billing of the next month’s subscription fees to your Payment Method.
- Recurring Billing. By starting your METRO TV Package subscription and providing or designating a Payment Method, you authorise us to charge you a monthly or annual membership fee at the then current rate, and any other charges you may incur in connection with your use of the METRO TV Service to your Payment Method. You acknowledge that the amount billed each month may vary from month to month for reasons that may include changing or adding a Package, and you authorise us to charge your Payment Method for such varying amounts, which may be billed monthly in one or more charges.
- Price Changes. We reserve the right to adjust pricing for Our Service or any components thereof in any manner and at any time as we may determine in our sole and absolute discretion. Any price changes to your service will take effect no earlier than 30 days following email notice to you.
- No Refunds. Payments are non-refundable and there are no refunds or credits for partially used periods. Following any cancellation, however, you will continue to have access to the Package through the end of your current billing period. At any time, and for any reason, we may provide a refund, discount, or other consideration to some or all of our users (“credits”). The amount and form of such credits, and the decision to provide them, are at our sole and absolute discretion. The provision of credits in one instance does not entitle you to credits in the future for similar instances, nor does it obligate us to provide credits in the future, under any circumstance.
- Payment Methods. You may edit your Payment Method information by visiting the METRO TV website and clicking on the “ACCOUNT” option in the main menu and navigating to the “Subscriptions” tab. If a payment is not successfully settled, due to expiration, insufficient funds, or otherwise, and you do not edit your Payment Method information or cancel your account (see, “Cancellation” below), you remain responsible for any uncollected amounts and authorise us to continue billing the Payment Method, as it may be updated. This may result in a change to your payment billing dates. For certain Payment Methods, the issuer of your Payment Method may charge you a foreign transaction fee or other charges. Check with your Payment Method service provider for details.
- Cancellation. You may cancel your Package at any time, and you will continue to have access to the Package through the end of your billing period. We do not provide refunds or credits for any partial-month membership periods or unwatched video content. To cancel, go to the “Subscriptions” tab on the “ACCOUNT” page and follow the instructions for cancellation. If you cancel your package subscription, it will automatically close at the end of your current billing period.
16. Usage and Content
- METRO TV services and any content viewed through our Service is for your individual, personal and non-commercial use only. During your METRO TV subscription, we grant you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, license to access the METRO TV Service and view video content through the service on a streaming-only basis for that purpose only. Except for the foregoing limited license which expires as soon as this agreement or the service is terminated or cancelled, no right, title or interest shall be transferred to you.
- You may not redistribute or share the METRO TV Service or any part of it or its content. You may not download or keep the content in any way. You may not use the service for commercial purposes in any way. You may not provide access to the service to others, or for public performances, or for a fee.
- You may view video content through the METRO TV Service primarily within the country in which you have established your account and only in geographic locations where we offer the METRO TV Service and for which we have licensed such content. We use technologies to verify your geographic location.
- We continually update the METRO TV Service, including the content library. In addition, we continually test various aspects of Our Service, including our website, user interfaces, service levels, plans, promotional features, availability of content, delivery and pricing. We reserve the right to, and you agree that we may, include you in or exclude you from these tests without notice. We reserve the right in our sole and absolute discretion to make changes from time to time in how we offer and operate Our Service.
- The availability of content to watch will change from time to time and we may modify or cancel any aspect of its programming at any time. The quality of the display of the content may vary from computer to computer, and device to device, and may be affected by a variety of factors, such as your location, the bandwidth available through and/or speed of your Internet connection. You are responsible for all Internet access charges. Please check with your Internet provider for information on possible Internet data usage charges. We make no representations or warranties about the quality of your watching experience on your display. The time it takes to begin watching content will vary based on a number of factors, including your location, available bandwidth at the time, the video or live broadcast you have selected and the configuration of your device.
- METRO TV streaming software is developed by, or for, METRO Church or our licensors or service providers and is designed to enable streaming of content from METRO TV through desktop and mobile web. You agree that use of the METRO TV Service is subject to certain third-party licenses. METRO Church and any third party software providers used in connection with the METRO TV Service do not guarantee the continuing compatibility of the device with Our Service, nor that your use of the METRO TV Service will be uninterrupted or error-free. You agree to look solely to the entity that manufactured, distributed, sold or leased you the device for any issues related to the device and its compatibility with the METRO TV Service. If you fail to log out of the web portal, subsequent users may access the METRO TV Service through your account and may be able to access certain of your account information.
17. Passwords & Account Access
- You are responsible for updating and maintaining the truth and accuracy of the information you provide to us relating to your account.
- The member who created the METRO TV account and whose Payment Method is charged is referred to here as the “Account Owner”. The Account Owner has access and control over the METRO TV account. The Account Owner’s control is exercised through use of the Account Owner’s password and therefore to maintain exclusive control, the Account Owner should not reveal the password to anyone. In addition, if the Account Owner wishes to prohibit others from contacting customer support and potentially altering the Account Owner’s control, the Account Owner should not reveal the Payment Method details (e.g., last four digits of their credit or debit card) associated with their account.
- You should be mindful of any communication requesting that you submit credit card or other account information. Providing your information in response to these types of communications can result in identity theft. Always access your sensitive account information by going directly to the METRO TV website and not through a hyperlink in an email or any other electronic communication, even if it looks official. We reserve the right to place any account on hold anytime with or without notification to the member in order to protect ourselves and our partners from what we believe to be fraudulent activity. We are not obligated to credit or discount a membership for any such holds placed on your account.
Last Updated: 29 May 2018